Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Scituate! In the Spring!



Last week, the whole entire Bird fam congregated in Scituate for Bowker's wedding. We hadn't all been together for two years, so it was amazing! It seems like there was too much packed into just a few short days to compose a coherent blog post, so here is a smattering of photos...

  I haven't been back to Scituate in the spring in over a decade. It seemed a little chilly after the triple digit heat we were leaving behind, but it was so beautiful. We got to enjoy my mom's garden with a whole new cast of characters than we usually see: gorgeous tulips and daffodils and lilies of the valley.  Here's the view from the hammock on the porch. Not too shabby.


The cherry tree dropped some extra lovely blossoms on the grass one day...


Kateri spent a lot of time on the "wope swing" she's been talking about since last summer.

 

The real treat, of course, was seeing all of the cousins getting to spend some quality time together. These two were inseperarable. I kept trying to steal cozy Evie away, but she perferred Lili.



Kateri was in heaven with so many playmates.
The wedding itself was so beautiful. The groom has always held such a special place in our hearts, and it looks like he hit the jackpot where spouses are concerned. It just warms the heart to see how happy these two are.

It went by too fast! I have a whole slew of beach photos, but I think I'll save them for another post.

2 comments:

The Bird Family said...

Evie was on my lap as I was reading this, she just kept laughing, saying Lili, and when I got the the end said more. Aptly put, Evie. So happy to spend time with you guys!!!!

Alissa said...

This looks amazing! And I think I am going to start saying “wope swing” just because it is so darn cute.