The kids just started school again after spring break. The break itself went by all too fast, as usual. Audrey seems to be having a little trouble getting back into the swing of things. Yesterday she sat down at the kitchen table to do her spelling. 30 seconds later she came and found me:
"Mom, I'm not going to do my homework tonight."
"What? Why?"
"I'm just not going to do it."
Lucky for me, Hermione Lili overheard this conversation and bounded into the room to deliver a lecture on work ethic to her little sister. It was hard not to giggle as she warned Audrey about how laziness now would affect her "later in life," but honestly, sometimes it is nice to have someone else do the lecturing for a while.
Speaking of my dear firstborn, her first season of basketball just ended. It was such a great experience for her to be introduced to the game with such a great group of girls from school. One of her classmate's dads and a VDM alum volunteered to do the coaching, and they really did a fantastic job.
Lili's growing up way too fast...I took her shoe shopping for new spring sandals and she is now a woman's size seven (sob)
But she still spontaneously holds my hand in the mall (double sob)
Hopefully we have a little bit of time left together before everything I do or say humiliates her.
1 comment:
I can't believe that is the Lili that was just a tubby baby in Rome. Where does the time go?
Post a Comment