Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Audrey

Two nights ago Audrey was putting on her PJ's and says to me, "I wish God had made me a mermaid." "Really?" I ask, "Why?" She replies, "So I could swim down down down deep in the water BY MYSELF! Oh, that would be so fun!" I got to thinking about how although all of my girls seem to love the water, she has always had a special affinity for it, so I dug out these pictures we took with an underwater camera when she was two...she wasn't strong enough yet to get that big old melon of hers out of the water to take a breath, but she would stay under as long as we let her with a huge smile on her face....


Now my little water baby is four, retrieving dive toys with ease in Nona's pool and charging into the waves in Scituate...I hope she always keeps that joy in swimming.