Lili is back to school, which she loves, but it is kind of sad for us, since we say goodbye to her at 7:15 and she doesn't get home until 3:45. We are settling into our routine as well. Audrey and Kateri have been having fun at home. Kateri has learned how to open our trash can and throw things away...she is very sneaky, yet when I have caught her in the act she seems very proud of herself, almost defiantly so. Yesterday she threw away one pair of Mr. Potato Head eyes, one kitchen dishtowel, one of Audrey's flip flops, and two mini pretzels that she seemingly only begged me for so that she could throw them away...
I have to say a little bit about one of Audrey's favorite games. Whenever I sit down on the couch in the toy room to look at or read something, she pounces on me as potential patron of her restaurant. I am usually a little distracted, but manage to order a meal nonetheless. Sometimes her meal selections are just hilariously bizarre enough to make me pay attention. Here was our conversation yesterday
(I plop down on the couch to read the mail)
Audrey: "Hellooooooo and welcome to our restaurant! Would you like an appetizer before your meal?"
Me: "ummm....sure...what do you have?"
Audrey: "Well we have cheese sauce with plain apples or secret melon with frosting..."
Of course I had to try the secret melon with frosting...such a delicacy...
2 comments:
mmmm, do you have secret melon at your house often? hopefully, we will be able to try some next time we visit...
so fun to see (or hear in this case) kids develop their personalities! does this mean Kateri will take after Audrey?
Post a Comment