Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why I don't take naps...

So, naps for grown ups are a rarity in our house. I guess that makes them all the more valuable; if Christmas came every day it wouldn't be so special. Anyway, I tried to take a nap with Kateri today after taking the girls swimming with Luke. He was watching some ball game on TV and the girls had the VDM fundraiser dinner to go later that evening, so I got the girls showered and in PJs with the hope of everyone sleeping. I tucked them in bed and closed their drapes and tossed in the bargaining chip of watching a movie that night. I even took out my contacts and got into PJs myself. So it was with high hopes I snuggled up to my slumbering baby. I drifted and dozed for the next half hour, all the while hearing little voices now and then from the next room. I finally fell asleep, and the next thing I knew Audrey had run into my room wailing that Lili had broken the head off of their Statue of the Blessed Mother even though, as Audrey said, "I TOLD Lili to just leave it on our dresser and not touch it AT ALL and we're super duper sorry!!" (By the way this is the second statue of Our Lady my children have destroyed in a little over a week...I'm sorry again, Dan and Erika!) It is now 9:45pm, and I have just discovered these photos on my camera from their supposed nap time. No, they are not allowed to take my camera and use it, in case you were wondering... Here's a lovely shot of Lili and her favorite toy of late: a porcelain doll she bought at a Massachusetts consignment shop for six dollars. She pretends that it is the American Girl doll Samantha wearing her "First Holy Communion Dress." I'm glad to see they at least got some prayers in. Audrey is the picture of innocence here, but I can just see Lili staging this down to Audrey's reverently closed eyes.
Apparently, Audrey's beloved "Koala" was the only one who actually got some rest. Audrey took a picture to prove it.



They are such stinkers sometimes, but I can't help but be a little amused by their antics....sigh...time to break out the super glue and see if we can fix poor Mary...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have some stinker trouble makers on your hands. Again another classic story, eventually they will learn to try and lead no evidence behind. In this case it was cute show of 2 sisters behaving oh so sweetly during "nap time". How can you be mad, can't really....truly amusing story. Those girls....just wait til Kateri gets in on it!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I can't believe they took pictures. I'm cracking up!