This morning, I was holding Kateri just after she had woken up from a nap and Audrey was sitting next to us on the bed. Maybe it's the killer bedhead, or the one flushed cheek, or the way they are happy to snuggle up with you and just be held, but babies who have woken up happy (but still a little sleepy) are so sweet. Audrey must have been feeling the same way, because she put her hand on Kateri's cheek and said, "Mom, I'm going to miss Kateri when she grows up and is a kid and not a baby anymore..." So I said, "Yeah, me too, but maybe when she grows up and is a big kid like you God will give us another baby..." Audrey grinned at this for a minute before her face got serious again and she patted Kateri's cheek again and said wistfully, "Yep....but it won't be Kateri."
So after I stopped bawling I decided to record the conversation on my blog for posterity. And by posterity I mean Audrey and Kateri when they are angsty teenage girls who argue over borrowed clothes or someone taking too much time in the bathroom or whatever...
3 comments:
awww...as much as i love the mischievous ones, i love hearing stories of her sweet side. too too cute.
i LOVE this story. too sweet.
Man - how far-sighted and wise of that little Gig' monster.
Sometimes it's the pills who have wisdom in the long-run.
Post a Comment