Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

FINALLY, the first day of school is here. The refrain from Lili for the past two weeks has been, "I just CAN"T wait any longer for school to start!!!" A couple of days ago I realized Audrey was getting sick of hearing this as well, because she parroted one of my earlier responses: "Fine Lili, Mom will just drop you off at school now and you can sit in your dark classroom all by yourself..." So after lying wide-eyed and awake in her bed last night for a half hour before finally being able to drift off, Lili sprang out of bed at the crack of dawn and by the time I had gotten up she was pacing the hallway, fully dressed, bed made, and ready to take the second grade by storm! It's going to be a great year, I can tell...

1 comment:

The Bird Family said...

Yay, Lili! We're so excited for you...hope your first day was a blast!!!