I'm qualifying this post with a "part 1" because I know there will be more...
I have mentioned in an earlier post that this year I am doing lunch duty at Lili's school, VDM. I really love getting to observe the interactions between all the kids. Every day there is something that makes me smile. My favorite quote was from a little girl who walked up to Emily and said "I'm really sick...I have the H1N1...that's the swine flu." I just love how she called it THE H1N1.
This week some of the kids were tossing out insults at each other ( in a playful, not mean, way, otherwise I would have intervened) one said laughing " You are the ugliest person in the world" and the other one fired back, "Oh yeah, well you're Billy Ray Cyrus!" THIS is Billy Ray Cyrus...with his 15 year old daughter!! So the kid is right, being Billy Ray Cyrus is WAY worse than being the ugliest person in the world.
This Monday, Lili walked out of class with her little pink lunch bag and said to me airily "Hello, Modor!"
"Modor?" I asked, to which she replied matter-of-factly "Old English." Learning Old English in second grade? I love VDM.
No comments:
Post a Comment