Friday, October 15, 2010

Audrey...

Audrey had a bit of a rocky week in school. She has yet to have actually had her card turned from green, thank goodness, but on Tuesday, she was stripped of the coveted title of "line-leader" after goofing off in Chapel. Under questioning, she confessed to me that she lost the privilege because she "Accidentally put a Rosary on John Paul's head." Right. Then, yesterday, her class received sad faces on their charts. If there is a punishment worse than living with the knowledge that you have made your sweet and saintly kindergarten teacher sad, let me know. Seriously, Mrs. Hundelt is probably the kindest, most patient person I have ever met. True story: when Lili was in kindergarten I once had a terrifying vivid nightmare in which I said the f-word (a word I'm pretty sure I've never said in my life) in front of Mrs. Hundelt. It was awful. I woke up in a cold sweat, completely horrified, telling myself over and over again, "It was just a dream. It didn't really happen."

So anyway, I was a bit frustrated at Audrey for becoming a repeat offender this week, so it did my heart good to find her snuggled up with Kateri on her own initiative. She has actually rocked her little sister to sleep a couple of times. I guess I'll keep her around, repeat offender or not.

1 comment:

The Bird Family said...

That is TO sweet. In spite of her mischief-making, she sure is quite the lovable little girl.