Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Sleeping Arrangements

A couple of weeks ago we finally got some bunk beds for the girls so we could move Kateri into their room and out of what us attachment-parenting folks call "the family bed." You would have thought it was Christmas morning based on the level of excitement in the house. We had to assemble the bed ourselves, so I forbade the girls to set foot in their room until construction was finished. They wedged themselves in the doorway to watch what turned out to be a long and frustrating process of assembling the bunk bed almost completely, realizing that the instructions were terrible and we had put a crucial piece in wrong, disassembling the beds almost completely, than reassembling them properly. There were a few tense moments in there brought on by the fact that Luke thinks I am just as strong as he is despite the fact that he is twice my size and I have carried three of his Luke-sized babies to term (and then some,) which did not exactly work wonders for the strength of my core muscle groups. Anyway, to make a long story short, I dropped something I was supposed to be holding steady, there was a horrible, ominous splintering sound, Luke contemplated divorcing me, the damage turned out to be negligible, Luke decided he'd keep me around, and the bunk beds were finished! Hooray! The girls are happily squished together in one room now...sort of.
Kateri mainly enjoys pretending to sleep in her new bed.

She spends the first half of the night there before I hear her fat little feet slap-slapping on the tile in the hallway right back to the family bed.


Lili and Audrey, however, couldn't be happier with the new arrangements.



1 comment:

Erika said...

Ha-- I could just see the site setting that up!! You made it through it! Now the challenge comes with little presh Kateri! She loves that "family bed!"