Saturday, April 18, 2009

Baby Einstein

We decided to leave CA at 8:30pm so that the kids would sleep, which in theory was a great idea...Kateri must have missed the memo. She did pretty well, but the first couple of hours were a little tricky. Anyway, I decided to try this old Baby Einstein DVD we had and in about 0.5 seconds her expression went from something like this:























to something like this:




and she watched it silently for almost half an hour, which in a seven month old's life is practically forever! There even seemed to be times when she started to turn her face away, but couldn't tear her eyes off the screen. It makes me wonder about the methods of research the Baby Einstein people used. I can't help but picture rooms of babies strapped into high chairs in some futuristic, dystopian, Brave New World type scene, staring like zombies at images of puppets and brightly colored balls while technicians in white coats jot down notes on a clipboard. It kind of creeps me out. But I did enjoy that half hour of peace, so thanks, Baby Einstein, I think.

No comments: