#1. "Shampoo Girl" While this little toy may look like Jane from Disney's Tarzan movie, she is in fact Shampoo Girl, and her umbrella/valise combo is actually a reserve of shampoo which she dispenses to any other toy in need.
#2. "Fire" the armadillo. Audrey's explanation, "His name is Fire because when I throw him up in the air and he lands on the ground, he puts out fire.
#3. "Beerman" the bartender from the Cantina scene in Star Wars. We have an abundance of action figures from this scene due to an bulk EBay purchase for Lili's fifth birthday. This is actually one that makes sense.
#4. "Poconut" the lhasa apso. "His name is Poconut because it says so right here on this little tag." (In actuality the tag reads: SURFACE WASHABLE ALL NEW MATERIALS CONTENTS POLYESTER FIBER PLASTIC PELLETS MADE IN CHINA)
#5. "Yucky Man" Yucky Man came with a doctor's kit the Burches gave the kids. You insert different informational cards into a slot in the back and different organs light up. When I asked why his name was Yucky Man I got a very long and detailed story about how a tiny plastic duck had screamed when she saw him for the first time and the other toys had to explain to her that he wasn't scary, he was really nice, he had just tragically lost half of his skin and his arms...so he was therefore "Yucky Man."


2 comments:
Hey Allie, (it's Corey from long ago!) My dad gave me the link to your blog. I enjoyed reading through it. Your kids are amazing...and you are a great writer! I am cracking up laughing at Audrey's toy names! You should get that published!!! She's so creative!
"yucky man" has always been a favorite story of mine. that audrey, i tell ya...
Post a Comment