Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Summer Part I

I realize I've taken quite a lengthy break from this little blog, but that doesn't mean we haven't been having a fabulous few months. Here is our summer: summarized.
The girls had another great school year, but we were oh-so-ready for summer to come.  The last day of school coincided with the beginning of Luke's favorite weekend of the year: the Purple. This year it was in Phoenix, and we were so happy to have our dear friend Father Francis with us; newly ordained! It was so neat to have him say Mass in our home.
(Some of us were paying better attention to the homily than others)
After the Purple, we headed up to Nona's cabin in Pine for some much-needed family time. We had such a wonderful trip. I don't know if it was the lovely cool weather or the fact that our kids are finally old enough to hold their own on a hike.
(Well, some of us held our own, others were hoisted around like a sack of potatoes 75% of the time)



We saw a lot of wildlife on this trip

 

Audrey was bound and determined to run up to this herd of javelinas and try to pet them, which made me think I might need to let her watch Old Yeller...

 We also had time for the girls to get a tennis lesson from their Dad.
It was Kateri's first time, but she was a natural

We are so lucky to have access to such a beautiful place, thanks to our Nona's generosity. It is hard to believe it is only a little over an hour away! Looking at the forecast for today (113 again) I'm wondering if we can sneak another trip in before this baby comes.

No comments: