We also made hydrangea cupcakes to share with Audrey's class. From a very early age, Audrey has noticed and loved the beautiful blue hydrangeas that flank the steps to Nanny and Papa's front porch, deeming them (at age three, I think) her " favorite flower." This might have been helped along by Nanny saying that they match her eyes. Audrey is no stranger to vanity, as we all know.
She was so happy with them.
So Happy Birthday to my hydrangea girl! Here are a few things I am begging you not to outgrow too quickly:
1. Your habit of singing in church in the highest possible falsetto with your eyebrows raised
2. Your maniacal giggle
3. Your adorable grammatical mish-mashes like "butcept." As in; "Nanny is the nicest person butcept God."
Feel free to grow out of your habit of stripping for shock value...

On another note I had to include this picture of Kateri and Luke. She had to get stitches in her lip AGAIN. This time, she was not sedated, and the only thing that kept her going through the ordeal of being swaddled and pinned by four people while her amazing Doctor sutured a moving target was the promise that she would be able to play Angry Birds on Daddy's phone when she got home. So here she is after her four hour stint in the ER, delirious but happy and beating her last high score. (She is way better at the game than I am.) Thank you Nanny, it is the gift that keeps on giving.
On another note I had to include this picture of Kateri and Luke. She had to get stitches in her lip AGAIN. This time, she was not sedated, and the only thing that kept her going through the ordeal of being swaddled and pinned by four people while her amazing Doctor sutured a moving target was the promise that she would be able to play Angry Birds on Daddy's phone when she got home. So here she is after her four hour stint in the ER, delirious but happy and beating her last high score. (She is way better at the game than I am.) Thank you Nanny, it is the gift that keeps on giving.
1 comment:
Allie - those cupcakes are seriously awesome! Nice work!! Happy Birthday to Audrey - we miss you!
Post a Comment