Thursday, April 14, 2011

Opening Night

The Cincinnati Reds happened to be playing the D-backs on opening night, so the Speier family had themselves a fun family excursion courtesy of Grandpa. A great time was had by all.
My husband loves to buy inappropriately large amounts of popcorn for the girls. This is how the scenario plays out ( it's happened several times at the movies.)

Dad goes to buy snacks.

Dad comes back with a disturbing amount of popcorn.

Dad doles out the popcorn in disturbing portions.

Mom gives him an incredulous, disapproving look.

Dad grins and shrugs.

Three girls gaze up at Dad in adoration whilst shoving disturbing amounts of popcorn into their faces.

Mom watches in horror as her two-year-old's stomach visibly swells to disturbing proportions. Kateri loved it.


She also loved catching glimpses of Grandpa in the dugout.


What she didn't love were these creepy, big-headed former D-backs stars, who had a race around the field before touring the stands and coming a little too close for Kateri's comfort.

When I asked her if she liked those guys she replied, "No, I don't like them...I like the tiny heads...the tiny ones!" pointing down at the actual players, whose head did, I guess, look pretty tiny in comparison.
Anyway, we had a great time, even if our team lost. Thanks, Grandpa!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, the popcorn thing sounds really familiar. I guess the whole "dad spoiling kids" thing as mom looks on in seeming disapproval, but actual delight, is pretty universal. Happens in our house on almost a daily basis. You guys are awesome... Such a beautiful family! Can't wait to see Luke at the Purple, but it would be nice to get the fams together one of these days! Love, the Stirtons