Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lili and I went to Dallas

Lili has been asking me to go to Dallas to visit her beloved uncle and Godfather for about 6 years now. So, we finally went. Just the two of us. I feel like I have less and less time with my firstborn as her school commitments grow, so it was really nice to have some one-on-one time together. Even the plane ride was fun!
This is the main reason for our trip. Evangeline Elizabeth. My adorable goddaughter.
We got to see two other precious, precocious, and generally hilarious nieces as well.

We also got to see my fair cuz and her lovely Maggie.
But it was just so nice to get to hang out with my family. Looking back on our trip makes me miss my two brothers more than ever, but it was so nice to get to see a slice of their life in Dallas. Lili, needless to say, had the time of her life. Tooling around Grapevine...

...getting her first taste of video games...Star Wars Lego and the Wii...
...and of course, getting plenty of snuggle time with the sweetest little
new member of the Catholic Church. Oh Evie, I miss you so much! Especially your double chin...


Anyway, it was a great trip; long overdue. The baptism itself was beautiful, held in the chapel at UD. I hadn't been back to campus since I was 2 months pregnant with Lili, so it was a little strange. I did get to see some of my old professors and ducked into the Art building to inhale its old distinctive smell...I don't know what creates it: plaster? drying oil paint? but I love it, and it brought back a slew of happy memories of visiting my big brother as he finished some project, or working there myself into the wee hours of the morning.


Anyway, the other highlights of the trip included:

Exploring downtown Grapevine and seeing glassblowing and Guy Fieri

Watching Leah dance her way through life

Getting Fifi to repeat difficult-to-pronounce phrases like "bilateral symmetry"

Eating all of the delicious meals that were made for us

Going for a moonlit swim with my fam


It was a great trip. We'll have to do it again soon. Thank you so much Jon and Katie, Joe and Becca, and Nanny and Papa!



1 comment:

Alissa said...

Wow, I never thought about it but that smell is so distinctive. I can smell it just thinking about it!