(If you scrutinize the orange car in the picture above, you might glimpse a portion of a tiny blond pigtail sticking up next to Luke.)Anyway, it reminded me of this summer in Boston, where Audrey was not keen on trying to boogie board until the week Luke came, after which she had no problem face-planting in the gravel every other wave. It makes me wonder whether this is some virtue inherent in his big strong dependable persona. Maybe said persona just overshadows my worrying, neurotic one....
...you know the one that wouldn't let them hang over the rail because when they leaned over I had visions of them toppling off of this pier into the heaving swells below: that neurotic persona. Thank the good Lord I have Luke to balance me out with his confidence. It's just one of the many qualities I am grateful for in my dear husband. When he's with us, we all feel as though the dangers of the world don't really stand a chance.
2 comments:
Title of the blog......" cool hand Luke " ! Always good to have a nice little balance in parenting right ? I truly believe kids would be so bored with the same identical parents with exactly the same personalities! Your neurosis probably is exactly what they need when trying to get homework done!
Oh Allie I teared up just a little! This is exactly why everyone needs a daddy. I find I have the same qualities- a little worried about everything, and Chris is always there to balance me out. ;)
Post a Comment