It was heavenly. The girls swam, played, ate, swam and played happily for hours and Nanny and I got to sit and talk and watch the colors change.
Kateri loved evening at the beach, too.
Sometimes Lili brought a book for a change of pace.
My second favorite time of day: morning at the beach. The sun would be sparkling on the water like it does on the Pacific, and the beach would be empty except for a few dog-walkers.
My third favorite time of day: midday at the beach. Okay, I guess I just love the beach. Can you blame me?
My kids and I are so blessed to be able to spend our summer in such a beautiful place. I suspect that many Scituate residents take the astounding natural beauty around them for granted, because I am always surprised at how often we have the beach completely to ourselves.Not that I am complaining! I am all for a little peace and solitude.

No comments:
Post a Comment