Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Crystal Cove State Park

A day at Crystal Cove. It was sunny and clear, but not particularly warm, so Kateri was rocking her 70-year-old-lady-in-a-warm-up-suit look. However, we learned early on in the trip that no matter how chilly the breeze might be, or how many layers of clothing she will soak, Audrey simply cannot control herself around the water and has to charge into the waves. I have to do much less laundry if we just let her wear her swimsuit.
















Kateri has decided she loves wearing hats. I think she heard the doctor tell us to keep the stitches out of the sun to minimize the chance of scarring. Speaking of which, my little rule-follower Lili took it upon herself to thoroughly read all of Kateri's discharge papers and freak out on me anytime a ray of sunlight fell upon Kateri's face or if she felt it had been too long in between Neosporin applications.











Lili and I did some great tide pool exploration. I did not, however, bring the camera on our little expedition, since I was afraid of dropping it in the water the way my luck was running. Earlier in the day I had carefully applied spray-n-wash to the blood stains on my one sweatshirt (the one I wore to the ER with Kateri) and then sent it through the washing machine with my cell phone in the pocket. :(














We had a great dinner at The Beachcomber before enjoying the wildflowers on our walk back to the parking lot.







No comments: