
...our backyard. I love our backyard, too, especially during the winter. During the summer the grass bakes and gets crispy and uncomfortable, but right now it seems like our own little slice of heaven on earth, decrepit old swing set and all. Audrey spends a good part of each day swinging happily on her beat-up old swing and making "salads" out of grass and lemon leaves and rosemary. We also like to play hide-and-go-seek with her beloved Koala. Audrey and I take turns hiding him in the yard and the other person has to go find him. During a recent session of this game, Audrey came inside giggling to tell me that I would
never find Koala...he was in the best hiding place ever! I did find him in fact, in a lonely corner of the yard, buried in torn-up grass...I think the fact that he is lying face-down adds to the stealthiness of it all...
No comments:
Post a Comment