
The more things change the more things stay the same...I can't believe that our baby is a year old today. I will try not to get too sappy or nostalgic, but loo
king at these two pictures makes me wonder what percentage of her short life has been spent sleeping my arms. I think that having the two older girls made me realize just how quickly they grow up, and how brief and precious the baby stage is. With Lili, parenthood was so new and each of her milestones so exciting, it seems like a blur, and with Audrey I stressed out so much over her little health problems that maybe I was a bit too anxious for her to grow out of them. When little Kateri came along, I think I had just learned to sit back and enjoy it while it lasted...My mom gave a copy of this poem in a frame : "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow...So quiet down, cobwebs, dust go to sleep...I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep." Am I making excuses for my less-than-stellar housekeeping? Justifying our attachment-parenting style and inability to get our babies to take naps for longer than 45 minutes? Quite possibly. But a little sleep deprivation and a mild case of tennis elbow seem like a small price to pay for so many sweet hours. Kateri, I have loved every second!
1 comment:
what a sweet post! i love that poem... and i am all for the justification. babies grow way too fast. i am all for soaking up every second...
Post a Comment