Another better late than never posting from our summer in Scituate. Kateri completely fell in love with the beach. At the beginning of our trip, she was only crawling, and as soon as you set her down on the sand she would make a beeline for the waves, just like a little baby sea turtle emerging from her nest. ( I don't know if you have ever seen a video of that on a nature program, but they basically just book it for the water as fast as they can before they can get picked off by a sea gull or some other predator) After a couple weeks, she decided that holding a grownup's hand and walking was easier on her chubby little knees, so i am glad I managed to get a video of the sea turtle stage.
I think she misses the beach, she still says "Pat pat pat" and pats her hand on the ground when we talk about the beach, just like she used to do on the sand. I guess she will get to discover it all oven again next summer. I have a feeling she is going to take after Audrey, who most days was out in the water almost over her head before I had time to take off my flip flops...maybe next summer I will let Audrey watch Shark Week with Papa and learn some healthy respect for the ocean.
2 comments:
that's a gorgeous video. i miss her chub!!!
Oh, Allie, that is such a great video! I love the sound of the ocean. The sea turtle analogy is perfect. Ha! Audrey's gung-ho attitude about the ocean and telling her about shark week still has me laughing!
Post a Comment