Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Paper airplane notes and blue toys

One fabulous thing about summer vacation is that the girls get to spend so much time playing together, just the three of them. Which gives them ample opportunity to work out disagreements by themselves and practice conflict resolution. At least that's what I told myself when I found a paper airplane with this correspondence between Audrey and Lili scrawled on it:


Sorry, Lili.
Do you want to play blue toys*?
O that's right I fergot, all you like to do is READ!

I  was going to say later, but now it's NEVER.


I don't know what prompted this rather backhanded olive branch, but I didn't hear anything about it, so I guess they worked it out on their own.


*blue toys: our eclectic collection of action figures. It used to be housed in a blue plastic bin, but it cracked and was replaced by a new clear model. They still call them "blue toys" and spend hours dividing them up into hilarious random teams like this one:





The roster from left to right: Piglet, "Una's Lamb," Shan Yu, a freaky bald My Little Pony that I need to throw out when no one is looking, a Cowardly Lion Pez dispenser, a stegosaurus, Greedo, Richard Parker (a new addition; thanks, Aunt Becca!) Sully sporting a wikki-stick bandage, Strawberry Shortcake, Gold Batman, and a baby giraffe who seems to be borrowing someone's Endor poncho.

3 comments:

jack, lucy, finn, dot, martha, and rocky said...

awesome. everything about this post.

Alissa said...

Ditto to Emily- hilarious.

I do sympathize with the little girls- I was totally that constant reader and it drove my siblings and cousins CRAZY.

The Bird Family said...

Scrolling through your blog with the girl they were SO excited to see Shun Yu (sp?).