Friday, September 28, 2012

Isaiah James

It is still hard for me to believe that I have had this little guy in my life for ten days now. I fully expected to be overdue and miserable today, instead of typing out this post one-handed with a sleepy baby on my lap, but thankfully God had other plans. Isaiah James came early on Tuesday Sept. 18th at 12:24pm. He was the tiniest of our babies, weighing in at 7lbs 14oz. I'm not big on birth stories, preferring to remember the labor and delivery through rose-tinted glasses, but everything went well, my midwife was awesome, as was my husband.
After I got over my profound shock that we had a boy, we called Kateri to tell her she had a brother.
"Hey I wanted a bwotha!" was her response.
She and Nanny came down to the hospital right away to meet him...I think this is an example of when (even blurry) pictures speak better than words.






 
( Don't be fooled by those chubby cheeks...he has the skinniest little chicken legs you ever saw.)
 Nona picked up Lili and Audrey from  school and brought them down as well.



 Even Abby made it down to see him.
We are a family of six now! We are so blessed!

8 comments:

mbenz379 said...

God bless! He is so precious! I teared up looking at those pictures of Kateri with her new brother!! Sheer joy!! congrats!

The Bird Family said...

Those pictures of Kateri meeting Isaiah are priceless! Can't wait to meet him myself...

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations. Your family is so beautiful!

The Rowles said...

Those pics made me tear up! It makes me excited and hopeful to have another one day!

Unknown said...

Your family is just gorgeous! Congratulations! He's beautiful!

M Weisse said...

I hope he is nursing a lot because I do enjoy a nice chubby Speier baby.

Sara said...

Congratulations!! So excited to hear you had a boy! And you look absolutely amazing, Allie. Are you sure you just had a baby?

jack, lucy, finn, dot, martha, and rocky said...

love these pictures! and, i agree with sara, you look ridiculously good.