I saw this image recently and related with it so completely:
Anyway, we are very excited to have a new addition in the fall. Some of us are more excited than others...I detect a little ambivalence in little Kateri, who I think is excited to be a big sister, but senses that she is going to be kicked out of the baby spot. There is no ambivalence, however, in her preference for baby names. She is 100% convinced that the baby is a girl and will be named Ponyo, from the Hayao Miyazaki film:
I guess it fits with the image created in her little brain by my inept and probably confusing attempts to explain the baby at this stage of development.Audrey is going for full-blown Catholic names. Her favorite at the moment is Philomena: (they had a priest from St. Philomena's shrine in Italy come speak to them this year at school, so she has been on Audrey's radar ever since.

Hopefully she won't start campaigning for St. Ergnand or St. Sexburga (they are real...look them up!)
For now, we are calling the baby Ponyo (mostly due to Kateri's very vocal protestation when anyone dares to suggest something different.)
Luckily we have until September to figure it out.
We're open to suggestions.
5 comments:
I love that you're calling the babe ponyo! I also love that "dinner every night" image. So hilarious and true. Joe had some great little-known saints names...you should ask him for ideas.
Congratulations, Allie! I know you will come up with something amazing considering your baby name track record. And I kind of dig Philomena.
So exciting! Love the name Ponyo for an in-utero nickname!
Ha! I love the Ponyo nickname...especially imagining how Kateri says it. Who knows, maybe it'll stick. I also couldn't wait to show dinner photo when I saw it on FB earlier in the week. At least you have the first trimester excuse!
I vote for Luke Jr.
And Congratulations!!
Post a Comment