Monday, January 9, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

Is to try and follow the wonderfully simple advice of this wonderfully simple man:

"Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry"

"Pray" and "Hope" are easy enough...it's the last one that gives me trouble. We're only one week into 2012, and I have already had ample opportunities to put it to practice. On such occasions I find myself repeating it desperately over and over to myself like a mantra.
Like when I catch Kateri covertly sucking on the edge of the (undoubtedly germ-infested) shopping cart.
Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry.
Or when Audrey, (my SIX year old) declares to me that the only jeans she can possibly wear are skinny jeans, because "I just look SO much better in them."
Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry.
Or when the school calls to tell me that my second born has lost her lunch in class and the thought of her waiting miserably in the office causes me to rush a bit more than is prudent and the speed trap photo radar van flashes me...
Pray, Hope, and.... spend the next 2-6 weeks in a state of painful suspense frantically checking the mailbox to see if I have in fact received a citation.

No comments: