Friday, July 1, 2011

Goodbye, June.

I thought that the month of June would drag on unpleasantly as we counted down the days until our trip to Scituate, but I must say I am sorry to see it go. It really was a lovely month, what with the lack of school and carpools and homework... ...and the lazy days making forts in the back yard and making your mom think you had passed out due to heat exhaustion...

...fakers...


















and the swimming...








...and more swimming...











...and the Playmobil dance parties.




We had a lovely marathon "Burch Day" yesterday hanging out with our dear, dear friends who we won't see for six long weeks. Once again I wished I could freeze Lili and Jack in their nerdy, Stratego-loving friendship. On the way out the door, she told him, "I'll write you a letter every day!" which was undoubtedly an empty promise, but a sweet one nonetheless. Seriously, if anyone has the secret to their friendship NOT turning awkward with the onset of puberty PLEASE tell it to me.

I will pay you.

Lots.



Earlier in the evening, Kateri was all snuggled up happily on Emily's lap and I made the mistake of asking her if she'd just like to just stay forever and live with Miss Emily. She nodded hopefully, and apparently took it a little too seriously, because when it was time to leave I had to literally drag her out the door amid tearful pleas to "Just leave me, Mom! I want to stay in this home!"


It's so nice to have such good friends...even if it makes it so hard to say goodbye.




Anyway, our paper chain that ends in "Nanny's house!" is getting pretty short, which is means it's time to dig out our sweatshirts and plug in the portable DVD player to charge up for our flight. You were lovely, June, but on to July!













1 comment:

M Weisse said...

I really love the Playmobil dance party. Have a fun time on your trip!