Saturday, July 24, 2010

Scituate Summer 2010: Part I

After weeks of waking up to Lili and Audrey's daily query: "Can we start packing our suitcase today?" we finally made it to Scituate. Hooray! Lili and Audrey both got wetsuits for their birthday from Nanny and Papa this year. We
lost no time in trying them out, along with Audrey's new princess pink snorkel gear. It was a big day of firsts for both of the girls. Lili bravely jumped off of Pirachi (the big rock in the background) for the first time this year. I'm glad I didn't let Audrey climb up there to watch, because I'm sure she would have been begging me to jump off as well. I'm still waiting for her to develop a healthy fear of the ocean. I might be waiting a long, long time...more on that later.
Instead of cliff-jumping, Audrey got a snorkel lesson from Papa, and took to it immediately.


Kateri didn't need a wetsuit; she still has enough blubber to keep her warm.



No comments: