Saturday, February 7, 2009

More of Audrey's Brutal Honesty

So the kids are brushing their teeth a couple of night ago when Lili decides to tattle on her sister..."Mom, just to let you know, Audrey said you were boring." (I wish I had heard their whole conversation...but Audrey probably just threw that statement out there as they were putting on PJs...) Anyway, Lili, who has always been overly empathetic, immediately feels bad for me and decides to do some kissing up: "Well, I think you're the best mom in the world and I don't think you're boring." We both look expectantly at Audrey, who shrugs at her own reflection in the mirror and says in a compromising kind of tone, "Well, I like Daddy."

This little episode is totally an illustration of my kids' personalities. I hope this isn't a self-fulfilling prophecy but I am so afraid that in about 12 years or so Audrey is totally going to be the one sneaking out of the house on Friday night and Lili will be "letting us know...."

No comments: