Tuesday, August 5, 2008
The Star Wars Table at Borders
Lili is on a play date today, so Audrey and I had some one-on-one time. We went into Borders, and as we entered the Children's section Audrey was sucked in by a cartoon poster of Yoda to a large display table full of Star Wars books. Of course we had to read them all. Audrey reminded me of her godfather Uncle Joe when she found the "I can read" version of Darth Vader's life. The pages were black with white letters and as she opened it she exclaimed gleefully, "Ooooh yeah, nice and dark!" But the crown jewels of the table were the cookbooks, which combined two of Audrey's favorite things; food and Star Wars. I think what attracted her to "Wookie Cookies" and "Darth Malts" were the glossy photos, which featured Star Wars action figures posed among the prepared recipes. Some of them looked pretty tasty, and they all had catchy names, like Qui-Gon Jin-ger snaps and Boba Fett-ucine. I think these books might be making it onto a wish list next Christmas...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment