Thursday, May 1, 2008

One of those Bugs that eats humans

I can't take naps unless both of the girls are sleeping. I just can't relax enough thinking of all the stuff they could get into. However, a couple of weeks ago I decided to try to lay down with Audrey while she slept. I got Lili all set up with coloring books and crayons, and the instructions to come and get me if she needed me. I had no sooner dozed off in Audrey's bed then I instinctivly awoke to find Lili standing silently before me, her face inches from mine, wide eyed and serious. "Um, Mom, I have to tell you something..." "Yes?" "I was coloring and there was this bug crawling on the table and it was black and I think it had red eyes and it saw me and it wasn't afraid of me so I think it must be one of those bugs that eat humans."
We had just read the "Flies and Spiders" chapter of The Hobbit.

No comments: